Plot Notes

A personal journal, open for the world to read, recording the progress of a novice allotmenteer on his allotment.



Weed it and reap.


Friday 29 January 2010

Yes we have no strawberries.

A parcel of seeds arrived from Kings this morning. The potatoes, asparagus and rhubarb will be coming later but today I received everything else on the list apart from the strawberry seeds. They say they are unable to supply the Temptation Strawberry seeds and have sent a credit note for £1.25 to use against my next order. Fern will be disappointed. I wasn't going to bother with strawberries but she persuaded me to let her have a small patch on the plot to grow some for herself. I'll take her to the garden centre so that she can choose her own packet.

2 comments:

  1. Is this your first allotment then? Through work they have given the workers a piece of land are are busy preparing it for us right now, by just ploughing it & putting in paths for us. Not been seen it was ploughed so not sure what stage it is at quite yet1

    Like you I have started to get my seeds in now although not sure what date we are in so I am unable to get the other stuff I will need as of yet. I am a complete newbie to this so I am looking forward to the challenge ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mr-Stu this is my first ever allotment (my first blog also). I too am a complete newbie. I've got a lot to learn but can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete