Plot Notes

A personal journal, open for the world to read, recording the progress of a novice allotmenteer on his allotment.



Weed it and reap.


Sunday 24 January 2010

Waiting for topsoil and raised beds.



All work on the plot is on hold pending delivery of a few hundred tonnes of topsoil to the whole allotment site in February. The contractor will also be installing 3 raised beds (12ft x 6ft) on each plot. Off the plot I have bought wire and drilled and stained some 8ft 2x2 wooden posts ready to be used for constructing vine trellises and I have built a cold frame (pictured above). I have also put in an order, through the allotment committee, for three wooden potato crates from a local farmer, which I will use as compost bins.
I have now got four or five weeks to catch up on jobs around the house, after which, if you want me, I'll be on the plot!

No comments:

Post a Comment