Plot Notes

A personal journal, open for the world to read, recording the progress of a novice allotmenteer on his allotment.



Weed it and reap.


Wednesday 1 December 2010

This time it's knee deep!

Sorry to go on about the snow. I know everybody seems to have a snow story to share but I am absolutely amazed at the amount of snow that has been dumped on us in the last 24 hours. I've never seen anything like it. There was no way that I could dig the car out and make the 120 mile round trip to work and back today, so I've had a "snow day". That's the first time ever that the weather has prevented me from getting to work.

I had a walk up to the plot today. The main purpose of my visit was to retrieve my spade from the greenhouse so that I could join my neighbours who were having a few beers and clearing snow from our cul-de-sac. I was also worried that the weight of the snow would be too much for the greenhouse roof so I was anxious to check that it was ok. Fortunately the greenhouse was still standing so I cleared the snow off the roof, took a few photos and returned home with my spade ready to enlist with the community snow shifters.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gutted. Mrs IG is stuck in Manchester, and we've just had a properly severe weather warning, so even if she comes home she won't get to the house.

    Home brew? I don't mind if I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your homebrew IG. Community spirit really came together here today and the path is clear all the way to the village pub. Quiz night tonight :)

    ReplyDelete